Job Title: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: July 9th, 2018
Since 2010, Matthew House Ottawa has housed hundreds of refugee claimants, and provided free, quality used furniture to thousands of families. We have done this as a large, dedicated team of volunteers and a small handful of employees, with a lot of passion and commitment. However, we have significantly more demand than we can accommodate, and have not had time to focus on cultivating a regular donor base that would help us to grow our services, become more professional, and have a deeper and lasting impact in our community.
We are looking for an Executive Director who can help us navigate these challenges.
Are you someone who has passion for social causes such as homelessness and migration/refugee issues? Are you the leader who can help make us better at what we do so that we can better serve our community? Do you want to be part of the conversation within our city, helping to raise the importance of refugee claimants and others that we serve? Do you want to leverage your experience in a professional fundraising role to strengthen our resource base? If so, we would like to meet you!
What you would help us with:
Strategy, Leadership and Organizational Performance (40%)
- Provide visionary leadership that positions us to deliver on our value proposition and grow our services with excellence.
- Develop strategy, identify and measure key success factors, and inspire us to achieve them.
- Recruit and equip the employees and volunteers required to move us forward.
- Delegate responsibility to create empowered, engaged and accountable employees and volunteers.
- Develop and execute a fundraising strategy that allows us to understand, connect with and grow our donor base through a range of channels such as annual giving, corporate/church philanthropy, events and major/planned giving.
Community, Stakeholder and Brand Engagement (20%)
- Invest in building relationships with key constituencies to build strong networks and increase our profile and credibility as a key player in the refugee and homelessness communities.
- Demonstrate credibility within the sector as the senior media spokesperson for the organization, positioning us as a subject matter expert with the media, governments and donors.
Success in this position requires:
- A strong Christian faith that inspires you towards servant leadership in your engagements with the community, employees and volunteers of all cultural and faith backgrounds
- A degree or diploma in a relevant area, such as communications, marketing or business/non-profit management, combined with eight to ten years of experience in fundraising and leadership roles (CFRE or similar certification would be an asset)
- An entrepreneurial spirit, thriving in an unstructured environment, with experience developing and implementing strategic priorities using a data-driven approach (including KPIs)
- An ability to communicate in both English and French would be an asset
- Access to a vehicle and valid class G driver’s license
Matthew House Ottawa’s name derives from our Christian roots: we are motivated by our desire to feed, clothe and shelter the strangers in our midst and to serve people who can use our help.
All applications can be made using our Charity Village posting: